Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day2. Badminton at RAQ4

Badminton is a very popular sport in the Philippines nowadays.  According to Wikipedia, "Badminton is a racquet sport played by either two opposing players (singles) or two opposing pairs (doubles), who take positions on opposite halves of a rectangular court that is divided by a net. Players score points by striking a shuttlecock with their racquet so that it passes over the net and lands in their opponents' half of the court. A rally ends once the shuttlecock has struck the ground, and each side may only strike the shuttlecock once before it passes over the net", but for me, Badminton simply means FUN BONDING!  


For more than a month now, my siblings and my mom regularly visit RAQ4 Badminton Court in Colago Avenue, San Pablo City because we were tasked to manage it.  My brother Mike is the General Manager, my mom is the Floor Manager (heheheh), my sister is the cashier and I am the Food and Beverage Manager.  Managing the court was not for money but more on for the love of badminton and the fellow players.  Before, I play badminton once in a blue moon...but now I play almost everyday.  I am not a good player coz I can't run fast and have very slow reflexes, but still I enjoy the sport.  Badminton is a sport requiring stamina, agility and athleticism, which I don't have...poor me.  Badminton may be a tough sport but it can still be fun for someone like me.  I enjoy every single moment inside the court, I just hope that my partner and oppnonents are also enjoying the game with me!  I am still looking forward to joining a tournament someday.  I am still positive that someday, I'll be awarded a trophy or medal. Yahoo!!! 


Badminton at RAQ4 is a daily family bonding.  It gave my family something to talk about, something to argue about and something to laugh about.  I am thankful for the opportunity that was given us.  It is a healthy responsibility.  I am also gaining new friends which is really great.


To those who would like to play Badminton in San Pablo City, Laguna, visit RAQ4 Badminton Court at Colago Avenue, San Pablo City, beside San Pablo City Inn, near Puregold San Pablo.


I am glad I decided to blog about my daily thoughts...it makes me realize the small things that I sometimes ignore.  More blogs in the coming days!

No comments:

Post a Comment